Sunday, January 15, 2012

Flying from Casper, Wyoming to Salt Lake City and on to San Francisco, mid 1950s. Curtiss CW-20

Flying from Casper, Wyoming to Salt Lake City and on to San Francisco, mid 1950s



These photos were taken in one set, I think. I know that the Salt Lake to San Francisco photographs are part of a set my father took on a journey that ultimately went to Japan, with stops at Hawaii and Wake Island. I suspect that the first few photographs, showing a Western Airlines airliner at the Natrona County Airport, are part of this set. I'd also note that I think all of these photos depict Curtiss CW-20 (C-46) aircraft, but I don't know if they all depict the same one.

Note the sailor who was also boarding in the first photograph. Then, as now, there were a lot of servicemen traveling at any one time.








No comments:

Post a Comment